Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First Video Cop Out Post

First of all, I want to say thanks to everybody who has been reading the blog. I've received a lot of really nice feedback. As much as I'd like to say that I'm all punk rock and would do this for myself, FTW, yadda-yadda-yadda, it's really nice to know that other folks are getting something out of this. So, thanks. Big up yourself!

Now, I need to ask for your patience. It's a busy week for me and I don't have a lot of time to write up something thoughtful. (Yeah, I actually gave the other post thought, despite the grammar errors and typos) This is meant to be a thoughtful blog; not a music news feed. At the same time, if I don't post something I feel like a total slacker. So I'm gonna do the first (and probably not last) "cop out post." Here are some music videos for your viewing pleasure.



This brand new video has been included 1) because I really like The National and this song and 2) STAR POWER. John Slattery from Mad Men and Cadillac is a lovelorn secret service agent assigned to the POTUS, played by Flight of the Conchords' Kristen Schaal. Poor Mz. Prez. So bored, so lonely. Slattery vs Hamm - Slattery by KO. "Conversation 16" is found on The National's excellent High Violet record put out by 4AD.



Here is an amusing video/bloodbath for "Fever Dreaming" by No Age. This band has really grown on me over the past few years. When they came out, it seemed like everyone felt the need to make clear in interviews and album reviews that they were part of The Smell scene in LA. I couldn't help but wonder if people were reviewing the whole scene or just the music. Then I got over it. This song is available on their great Sub Pop release, Everything in Between. For a pretty cool behind the scenes look at how this video was made, check this out.



This last video comes from an electronic group, Above & Beyond, of which I know next to nothing. I was kind of into trance while I studied abroad, but it's pretty much off the radar now. I saw this clip on Stereogum a couple of weeks back. I like the track, called "Sun and Moon," quite a bit but I love the Northern soul dance moves and tender performances in the video. This song will be released as CD-single later in the month on Anjunabeats.

No comments:

Post a Comment